In many places, Scripture compares the Christian life to the construction of a building.
Beginning from that premise, Derek clearly states that the foundation determines the size and type of building that may be constructed. Our foundation is Jesus, but we must dig deeply and discard the hindrances to knowing Jesus and walking in His ways.
The Bible is the Word of God set down in writing; Jesus is the Word of God made ﬂesh, and there is total agreement between them. Five vital facts then confront us:
• keeping God’s Word distinguishes true disciples
• love is the motivation for obedience
• the Father loves those who keep His Word
• through God’s Word, kept and obeyed, Christ manifests Himself
• through God’s Word, the Father and the Son together indwell the disciple